Friday, February 03, 2006

Am I changing?

A few weeks ago a friend of mine said to me that the sixth formers (Nigerian SS3) of a few years ago were too harsh because they used to make their juniors stand on their chairs in assembly if they were caught talking. To my horror and dismay I said 'That was quite harsh' before I could stop myself. Even worse I uttered this opinion in my newly acquired accent.

Me that I used to kneel down for hours in the sun because I refused to wash a seniors shirt; me, that I used to wash 100 plates, forks and knives because I forgot my text book in boarding house; me that I flew my arms till the blood refused to flow to them; ME THAT I USED TO WORK ON THE FARM IN SCHOOL AS PUNISHMENT WITH ONLY A HOE AND A CUTLASS! I served all those punishments and more yet I said that somebody being told to stand on their chair was harsh. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Noella said...

It is obvious what is happening to you - wait for it - YOU HAVE CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home