Saturday, January 21, 2006

World Peace piece by piece

Recently, one of my faithful blog readers asked me to go back to my main goals one of them being to promote world peace on my blog. I echo the words of many famous beauty queens and I say unabashedly "I wish for World Peace" but what exactly does that mean. You can't just wake up one morning and say you want world peace you have to go a bit lower and think less globally so I decided that was what I was going to do. I rephrased myself and said "I wish for continental peace which will lead to world peace." Then a tiny irritating voice in my head said "but what about all the countries warring against each other in the same continent."
Me : I wish for national peace.
Irritating Voice : What about the countries having civil wars.
Me : (after a while but smugly) I wish for inter-statal/ the way they divide your country peace. Irritating Voice :But what about all the states/the way they divide your country that there is inter-tribal unrest (and can you believe this it went on to give an example) like the Ijaws and Itsekiris, two tribes in Nigeria.
Me : Fine, I wish for inter-tribal peace. (irritation creeping up)
Irritating Voice : What about the tribes that have villages that dislike each other.
Me: Fine (with irritation)I wish for inter-community peace.
Irritating Voice : What about the villages that have two separate people wanting to be chief of the village and creating problems.
Me : (with annoyance) I wish for village peace.
Irritating Voice : What about the the villages that have families that have problems.
Me : (with vexation) I wish for family peace.
Irritating Voice : What about the families that have siblings that have sibling rivalry.
Me : (with slight hint of anger) I wish for sibling peace.
Irritating Voice : What about the siblings that have sisters/brothers who are constantly quarelling with each other (and certain cases do come to mind e.g who owns the lipstick, girl-friend, jewellrey, money, clothes etc).
Me : (with open anger) I wish for inter-sisterly/brotherly peace.
Irritating Voice : What about these brothers and sisters that don't have inner peace.
Me : I WISH FOR INNER PEACE, NOW SHUT UP!" (I am pleased that I had the last word.)

This dialogue was not to show you that I am a mad person who holds conversation with irritating voices in my head but to show you that the path way to World Peace is a very long one that will only come piece by piece. Next time you find yourself wishing like Ms. World for world peace, remind yourself that you're starting from the top of the ladder.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home