The Benefits Of Laughter
Ok, I'm going to tell you two funny things that happened to me.
1. I went to my friends house and her little brother was behaving like a pest. He offered me a chair. I sat down on it and then slap, bang, crash I fall on the floor because it was a foldable chair with a weak leg. I was sprawled on the floor and my head had hit the chair. I was expecting my friends to start apologising for their naughty brother but they just burst out laughing. And they laughed. And they laughed. I was angry at first but in the end I just had to join them and laugh with them.
2. I went to church and the music was so good the spirit of friendliness just entered my soul. That's how I saw this person that I had seen before at my cousins party. I don't know who sent me but I now said 'Hello' as in the look I received, it said it all. There was no sign of recognition at all. But you know me I just had to dig deeper. "Don't you remember me?" Blank look again. Long and short is it was quite an embarassing situation. Of course this story had to be told at the next family gathering. Now when it was told I might have downplayed the whole thing and refused to laugh making the laughter of my family last longer but I joined in heartily. I laughed with them and said what happened for what is was. Koko (Nigerian term for an extreme slight of some sort -intentional or not)!
So in essence when people laugh at you over something silly that has happened, join them. Laugh with them. The moment passes quicker that way.

7 Comments:
As lame as this is to say, I have to: great blog, enjoy reading it! Well done, and all that ...
My wife and I were having problems over this laughter thing. I think I'm funny but she thinks I'm making fun of her. When I showed her this post it made things better. I'm not going to say you've saved my marriage but you've definitely stopped things from going downhill. Thanks.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I'm glad I could be of service
laughing at yourself is easier said that done. Making people laugh is much easier.
Isaac (get it?).
Girl, you now save marriages...Big business. I will collect the fees on your behalf.
Yeah, I know laughter always works. Always. Always. Always.
Post a Comment
<< Home