Sunday, November 12, 2006

Falling Standards In Children's Entertainment

I just watched Aladdin - the cartoon - a few days ago and I honestly felt so sorry for today's generation of children. They get such rubbish movies. Like this new one that's coming soon called Flushed Away. Can you believe that!? FLUSHED AWAY! They are making a movie about toilet and latrine system. Can you believe that?! This is what they are feeding our children today. What happened to those great cartoon musicals like Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast and The Lion King. NO MORE! All these companies want to do is make money so that adults and children can watch them so the jokes in the movies are too adult for the children and they don't understand half of what is going on. There is hardly a moral in half of the rubbish they show. Even the jokes sef, half of them are not funny. I didn't laugh once in Madagascar and I laughed a thousand times when I watched Aladdin. In Aladdin there were jokes for children, jokes for adults but now in all these rubbish mass produced 3-D nonsense, there is no story line, talk about good jokes. Monster House was so bad I can't believe I paid to watch it. Children's cinema has gone to the dogs and until they stop bringing out these things without thinking out a good storyline or planning characters then there's no hope. Some of those Disney classics like Bambi took ages to plan, right down to the minutest detail. Now, just get a few celebrities, give them a rubbish script and put special effects and then everything is ok(sure).

Even Shrek, it was a good 3-D movie and all. It was funny but kids won't really get the innuendo and all the allusions to popular culture. I watched Lion King when I was 5 and I understood. If you ask a kid to summarise Shrek, I doubt they will get the gist of the movie because it's so hidden in all the donkey jokes and all.

Anyways thank God I was born fifteen years ago and watched Tom and Jerry - instead of all these generic rubbish they show now - and The Lion King.

6 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MADAGASCAR SUCKED....me and my sisters could only watch half of it.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too true. am so sorry for the kids now. they have no idea what childhood is supposed to be like. poor, poor them. and welcome back. its been a while!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Beautifully Human said...

I definitely agree; how many of these stories now have a moral to them? hardly any! when I went to see 'hoodwinked' I was like, what's all this? there was too much going on and if you'd asked me what it was all about, I'd have just shrugged my shoulders (the fact that I fell asleep halfway might have had something to do with it too)
same goes for the so-called 'music' that is being churned out nowadays...

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

madagascar SUCKED. sadly, kids are learning all the adult jokes because of all these crap shows, and so they grow so fast-they'r exposed so young.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

15 years ago. Kwei, I'm getting old! :-)

Anyway, Monster House rocked (watch it again), but in general, you're right.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Flushed Away premiered today. I'm off to the movies to see it. I didnt think the preview was that bad!!

I saw Madagascar and I didnt think it was that bad aslo. The music and the score was wonderful. On the other hand, maybe I'm being to permissive.........?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home