Sunday, April 09, 2006

I Am Tagging Myself

This tag fever that has been going around, I have decided to catch it. I don't know how people get tagged so I have decided to tag myself. I like to move with the crowd in such trivial matters as tagging.

What I have got from other people's blogs about tagging is that you write what the embodiment of the perfect guy is to you. I'm not sure about girl so to be on the safe side I will write about the perfect girl as well. Now, I'm too young to know about such things i.e I'm too young to be knowledgeable about perfect guys and perfect girls and I am not disputing that fact. However I have older cousins who are old and wise enough to discuss such matters and when they do either in Igbo or in English I try to pick up what I can. Eavesdropping to better myself I call it.

The Perfect Guy
1. He must be fine. Now what does that mean. Me I'm not too sure. I have many cousins so tastes will definitely differ. One will say "I don't like yellow guys" but the other will cry out "I don't guys that are too black" the last interrupt "But guys that are in between two complexions are usually like that because of situation rather than choice and more often than not they are ugly." On the issue of comeliness in the perfect guy I quote "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

2. He must be the right height. This attribute once again is not constant for different people so pick the guy according to your own height.

3.He must be able to sing. Now this feature is peculiar to my family because we have - as some people have said - angel voices so it is only natural that when they are looking for spouses they look for this trait. All I have to say on this is that so far of all the cousins that have married have husbands that have been lacking sometimes sorely lacking in the voice department.

4. He must be a Christian. This is actually the most important thing out of everything that has been mentioned and if the guy is a strong enough christian he can cancel out all the above mentioned characteristics.

The Perfect Girl
I have much fewer male cousins than female cousins and they are more tight lipped with gist so it's harder to learn their view points on this matter. I've only heard three things from them on the perfect girl.

1. Don't Marry Woman, Marry Wife. My cousin was obviously very pleased when he uttered this quotation because he said it like five times that's why it stuck in my head.

2. The Girl Must Be Able To Cook. In this I wasn't surprised and for them it probably goes without saying that being able to cook okro soup is more meritious than being able to cook pasta.

3. She must be a christian. As for the guy, same for the girl. This is the most important of everything mentioned but some guys place the ability to cook very close to her christianity.

All I have to say on this tagging thing is that after I have tagged myself I have found it slightly satisfactory. I'm not sure what the big deal was about looking back.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Noella said...

Hey Chibi
Tagging yourself is cheating,there is a reason no one tagged you - You're too young to be tagged
Now - GO AND READ YOUR BOOK!!!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Nkem said...

Dili, how often do I have to come to Chibi's defence? Stop bullying her! That said Chibs, you don't ask for much in a guy do you? Fine, right height (not even specifically tall), able to sing (that's the only serious demand), and Christian. Hopefully, by the time you're ready, the list will be longer and more fleshed out.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Scoot said...

so sweet...great list of qualities out there and I must add,you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home