Saturday, March 04, 2006

Displacement

Last term I learnt in chemistry that displacement is a type of chemical reaction but today after thinking about it, displacement I realised is also a human reaction. It happens in relationships, friendships, families etc. I haven't actually been really and properly displaced but here is my own sob story or at least semblance of one.

I have a sister. I've had her for fifteen years, she's had me for fifteen years, nine months. She had me before I knew her. Anyways my sister got a boyfriend somewhere along our fifteen years, nine month relationship, then she got a blog. Notice the order folks: sister, boyfriend, blog. Wouldn't it seem logical that she would blog about me, or her other sister and brother or at least her parents - who are her oldest acquaintances - first before she blogs about her boyfriend but obviously this wasn't the case. When she finally wrote a blog about us (her sisters) it was only about three lines long. I didn't realise what exactly was wrong until today.

I realised that I had been displaced. Obviously the lenght of time of the relationship doesn't have anything to do with displacement. In chemistry the more reactive chemical displaces the less reactive one. In humanity the more reactive person displaces the less reactive person (whatever that means in human terms).

Displacement hurts but eventually fades to a silent pain. At least it was only in her blog and her affections that I was displaced. Thanks be given that the usurper was a guy. If it was a girl and she displaced me in terms of borrowing jewelry, clothes,perfume etc that is when the real problem would have started.

4 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Scoot said...

that is so unique and beautifully written girl.really loved the way you emoted in here.do keep it up.
and don't worry about the displacement.it's only a temporary one.you see, when girls fall in love they don't see anything or anyone else.but you will always have a special place in her heart,untold.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger chibs said...

oh wow, thank you.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Noella said...

Chibundu - stop writing rubbish - nobody has displaced you - but someone might smack you soon!!!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Nkem said...

Dilch, mind yourself. Don't bully Chibs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home