The Smiles
The Headmistress and I
Have a secret conversation
That we share with our smiles.
When walking down the corridor
She catches my eye
And lifts up the corners of her mouth.
Her's says 'you are young and have a lot to learn.'
I lift up the corners of my mouth in reply
But show some teeth
To vary our silent discourse.
Mine says 'You are older and wiser.
You know quite a lot'.

3 Comments:
Sweetie, when your headmistress sees' you in the corridor and she smiles, she's thinking - What's this girl always doing in the corrider - Come on go to Class Jo.... (Well she would if she knew what Jo meant)
hey i used to share a similar secret with my supervisor.I still remember her name..Mrs.ramani.she was rather strict but I liked her alot.loved your poem alot.its so nice:)
I used to have a similar conversation with our French teacher Mlle Salvati, except all the other boys did as well. And the conversation was one-sided and not quite as polite as yours.
Post a Comment
<< Home