Sunday, December 24, 2006

Dance, dance, DANCE!

I went for a party yesterday actually it was my sister's party and it was quite an old party. I mean there were very people below twent four there. They were all professionals with white collar jobs and I was thinking, this party is going to be rather boring. Then the DJ started playing some Nigerian jams and then this babe stepped on the floor. I will not name this babe but when she stepped on the dance floor sha, I didn't know her again. She danced with abandon and after five minutes in the middle of the floor by herself she made everyone else want to join her. And they did. She was officially the life of the party but that was not even the point. The fact that dancing and music just brought out this hidden element of herself that she could never show in her workplace was amazing. Guys loosened their ties and the girls sweated off their lip gloss. I for one rarely dance in public because I usually forget myself and begin to look stupid. I'm long in the leg and short in the upper body so I look like I'm dancing on stilts and when I get carried away I start jumping up and down and then it just goes. But yesterday I didn't care. Above mentioned babe paved the way and everyone at the party followed. There were some crazy dance moves yesterday and they came out of some very supressed characters.

I truly understand the meaning of the saying 'dance away your sorrows' because I saw many sorrows being temporarily forgotten on the dance floor. If you have any sorrows men find your way to Establishment or some other place where they play good Nigerian music and dance, dance DANCE!

3 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone's having fun!
Merry Christmas babe

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger chibs said...

same to you men and a better new year.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Nkem said...

It was quite a party, wasn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home